Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Toad, Snake Eyes, Darth Maul....Oh my!!!

I'm still recovering from the insanity known as San Diego Comic Con. Holy crap, what the hell...you know, I don't think any amount of preparation could've helped my clueless ass deal with the sheer enormity of this thing.

Comic Con was about 2 weeks ago. I'm still trying to recover. That's sad. I chalk it up to running around in costume from press room to press room trying to figure out where the hell I'm going. I'm super happy to say I didn't get lost ONCE!! As in, I DIDN'T GET LOST AT ALL!!! And I managed to do this without the help of any hairless cabana boys. That's how awesome I am. I even * sort of * learned how to read a map! I'm very proud of myself.

What were the highlights of Comic Con for me?

1. I Got My Cherry Popped Twice

I was a virgin to Comic Con and interviewing people. Comic Con was crazy. The first ever guy I interviewed, David Johnson, was so nice. He's the screenwriter of the super creepy movie "The Orphan".

I ended up being late for the interview because of the hellacious thing known as Traffic but he was kind enough to spare me a few moments and answered my questions. He is teh awesomeness. He was gentle. Haa haa haa!!!

2. OMFG, IT'S TIM BURTON!!!

I GOT TO INTERVIEW TIM BURTON!!!

I GOT TO INTERVIEW TIM BURTON!!!

I got to ask the man himself two questions about his upcoming Alice In Wonderland movie. And he answered them.

I nearly fainted.

3. Geeked Out

I also got to pretend I was something of a weird hybrid of Professor Xavier and Jean Grey by playing Mattel's Mind Flex.

I really really want one.

---

But you know what what really made my Comic Con experience? As in, this even topped my encounter with his Stripey Socksedness, Tim Burton?

I got to hang out with Ray Park. Omg...it was so hard not to squeal like a fangirl because....dude...he's Darth friggin' Maul. Darth Maul is one of the hottest bad guys there is besides Hannibal Lecter.



Hawtness. Epic mad love for any one who can swing that bad boy around.


Something about those cracked out eyes, horns, red and black face just screams "HOT!! HOT HOT HOT!!" And the way he swings that light saber around? Good Lord... Granted, Darth Maul's got some funkay teeth (those have GOT to go) but hey...that's why we have dentists. :D

And now he's Snake Eyes...omg...



Hellloooooo Hello. How you doin'? Haa haa haa!
* ahem * Wow, it's hot in here.
Did I ever mention my favorite colors are black and red?


You know what? I don't care if the critics love the new G.I. Joe movie or not. I really don't care. I'm still going to go see it anyway because I grew up thinking I was Scarlett.

I didn't know a whole lot of English back then but I knew enough to say the following:

"I'm Scarlett. You Cobra bad guys"

...right before I proceeded to reenact scenes from the cartoon episode I had just seen the day before. I was a special little girl.

I didn't want to pepper Ray Park with a bunch of questions when I met him because I didn't think it was fair to bombard the poor man with all the things I wanted to ask him. It was Happy Hour. I wanted to relax. I'm sure he did too. However, I did learn a thing or two...like what exactly Blood Pudding is in addition to another funny dish known as Spotted Dick.

Who knows? Maybe I'll get to interview him one day. Until then, I'm gonna wait for the release of G.I. Joe and finish recuperating from Insanity a.k.a. San Diego Comic Con 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment