Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Cooking Mama

No, not like the Wii game.

I love to cook because I love to eat. In fact, I joke that I have a tapeworm named Barney. He's known as Barney the Tapeworm. This came about because my friend PanCake and I eat like there's no tomorrow but no one can figure out how and/or why we're not morbidly obese. She's really good about working out. I'm really good at doing anything possible to refrain from sweating unless I absolutely have to.

So we were sitting around one day trying to figure it out when she brought up the fact that people used to joke that she had a tapeworm. She promptly named it "Fred". Her eyes lit up the second she finished the story and said "Omg!!! I think you have a tapeworm too!!!" I immediately named mine "Barney".

Get it?

Fred? Barney? Like the Flintstones? I r teh clever.

Anyway, since Barney the Tapeworm makes sure my waistline doesn't explode, I do what I can to make him happy. Luckily for me, my taste in food is pretty light. I don't care for fried foods nor do I care for things swimming in sauces. I prefer not to have to dive for my morsels, thanks. I also don't like junk food. I eat fast food only when I'm absolutely desparate. Don't get me wrong. I enjoy the occasional burger and hot dog every now and then....but I'm noticing a rather disturbing trend where I'll be making my way out of the club and I'll be screaming for a suicide dog with bacon. I don't know why I always want one so bad at 2:10 in the morning after dancing my ass off for hours. Those suicide dog operators know what they're doing, man....

I like fresh foods, light foods and if there is a sauce, I don't like them creamy. I don't like soda because I prefer tea or water. I'm not big on fruit juice either.

I know. I got lucky although some of my biggest foodie weaknesses are pizza and buffalo wings. OMFG!!!! Gimme gimme gimme I want now mine mine mine!!!! Give to me!!!

Having said all that, I ate the worst crap while I was at Comic Con this past weekend. I ate hot dogs, cheeseburgers and onion rings basically every day because I had no time to eat a real meal! So what does this mean? It means Barney the Tapeworm got overwhelmed and I think he went on strike.

Hoping to lure him back, I decided to cook again but I didn't know what to make.

Enter Maangchi.

Can I just say she is like a gift from Bonnie's Culinary Gods? I nearly died when I was watching the following video. Dude. She's rocking out to Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean". How can you NOT love her?! I'm making this the second I figure out where I stuck my blender.



But the following delectable dish...I think I'm gonna try it either today or tomorrow. I'll let you guys know.



---

I'll post about Comic Con later. I'm still recovering. :D

2 comments:

  1. I'm a korean biped. It's rare that I don't have jangjorim in my fridge. It's one of my favorite comfort foods. It's best served cold so that it contrasts with steaming hot rice, or scalding rice pouridge. The flavor, the saltiness, jumps out at you and does a little happy jig. It's so full of flavor that you don't eat a whole lot of it with your meal.

    Kongguksu, on the other hand, I don't care much for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Korean biped...ahahaha, that's awesome. :D

    You know, I tried making it and the beef came out super hard. I'm thinking I did something wrong. The world's smallest violin is playing for me right now. I wonder what I did wrong....

    I'm happy with the way the eggs, peppers and garlic came out though. Omg....it was so good....I'm drooling right now. Sexiness, I know. :D

    ReplyDelete