Friday, April 10, 2009

My Poor Chicken Soup

So I've been super sick and besides curling up like an overgrown fetus on my couch, I've been craving hot soup-y stuff. I felt bad for turning my little brother into my personal gopher so I peeled myself off the couch (which took SuperWoman strength, btw. Dude, I didn't know I was so strong! Yes!!!) and went at it in the kitchen.

There's a Korean soup called SamGyeTang (am I spelling this right??!!) and I didn't realize how close it is to the stuff I grew up drinking when I was little.

Anyway, I happily threw a whole bunch of stuff together into a huge pot and TA DAAAA!!! Soup done!! Here's a picture. I'm so proud.


Chicken Soup!! Yummy!!


So I put the following into it:

- a couple of these dried bark looking things
- a few slivers of this white root looking thingy
- a handful of dried red dates
- some dried chestnuts
- 3 ginseng roots
- a clove of garlic
- a ton of green onions (not literally)
- sea salt

Oh yeah. There's a skinned cornish hen somewhere in all that. Dude, I'm really good at skinning chickens. Maybe I should've been a surgeon. :D

So I'm all proud of myself and I posted it for my friends to see and this is what those dorks said about my lovely soup.

MidasMan - that hen looks like a lil frog...lol

Mr.Squats - that looks like a little fetus


OMG!!! THEY'RE TOTALLY DISSING THE POOR CHICKEN THAT SACRIFICIED ITSELF SO THAT I COULD HAVE SOME SOUP!!!

>:(

No comments:

Post a Comment